Conversations over Coffee

Cascading conversations
Love activated
Aromatic java
piping hot like
steamy lava
we gotta a lot of
Catching up to do
have a seat while the
Barista brews
us potions
for subjects like
Religion and politics
Your views on current news
and Philosophy
How do you view
the crisis in Darfur
And are you for
peace between
Palestine and Israel
Please be real
This is one of those
instances where
"I don't know"
has legitimacy
I don't want you to feel in no way
intimidated by the way we converse
But it's so important to know
if you prefer FOX to CNN
I want us on the same channel
See
after the butterflies settle
and the lovey-dovey feelings digress
What we will we then profess
to have in common
And by the way are you at all
familiar with common bonds
and stock
I believe that we mutually agree
To invest in love
but that won't shelter us
from cold
or give us a nest egg
when we are old
So you done
with that cup o' joe or
should I order us one mo'




Comments