Skip to main content

Just My Pen and Pad

Search This Blog

September 24, 2016
  • Get link
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Pinterest
  • Email
  • Other Apps

  • Get link
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Pinterest
  • Email
  • Other Apps

Popular Posts

Image

Lifelong Politicians are the enemy

Photo credit Chicago tribune This is the election of the stubborn incumbents versus the fresh voice of  millennial. Micheal Jordan needed another team before he realized that he had lost his step despite Kobe Bryant ushering in a new era. No one will ever take away the flame that was “His Airness”. The G.O.A.T.! The man built a dynasty twice over. Kobe Bryant studied Jordan, even stuck at his tongue at times. I have never read where Bryant stated that he was better. These stubborn politicians refuse to pass the torch. They refuse to relinquish their portion of “The Machine”. These old politicians have become so comfortable in the quasi-position of power that they truly believe nobody can do the job better than them. It’s time for these old, self-serving people to go. Your voice was needed at the time that you were elected. No credit is being taken from you, but as you continue to travel this journey your legacy is tarnished. Most of you are eligible for social ...
Image

Bye 2017!

I don’t know about you, but this year kicked my ass! I went through real-life, adult-type shit. From losing a relationship to questioning my whole existence. I experienced the entire kaleidoscope of human emotions and the happy moments were fleeting. I know a few people that feel the same way. I also heard stories of complete triumph, engagements celebrations, babies being born and graduations. My little brother even pledged Alpha Phi Alpha. I don’t discount these tales, but I’ve heard more stories of emotional discontent, depression, identity crisis and the desire for acceptance. This is for these people. Breathe. Inhale while counting to 10. Hold counting to five. Release while counting to five. Repeat in cycles as many times as you need. You made it; albeit tattered and worn; bruised and bent; battled tested while holding on to what’s left of your fractured psyche. You made it nonetheless. Now it’s time to re-frame the story. You were tested...
Image

Something is wrong with this picture

Am I the only one still wondering how we can function as if nothing is wrong with America? How is it that the normalization of modern-day lynching still goes unpunished? How does mass incarceration continue to cloak the three-syllable word that is the fabric of this society? [Slavery]   White people have finally figured out how to tax weed, but black and brown people remain in custody for merely using their environment to eat. It’s business as usual. “Still a nigga!” Jay Z writes in 4:44.  We still niggas. Fuck your education. Fuck your foreign and six-figure income with the model-type wife/husband! Fuck your projects and generations of people who lived there before you. Who cares that your people were spoon fed heroin and crack; locked up at disproportionate rates to whites?  We call it a health epidemic now! Once you niggas integrated into the school system, we de-funded it! Once you integrated into our neighborho...
Powered by Blogger